到底一般的DRIVER壽命係有幾長?

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 參與者
        bill2 on #18227

打幾耐條SHAFT就殘, 個頭就金屬疲勞呢? 🙄

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #23879

All my old drivers in my store room had rust on the clubface! I though Titanium is rust proof ? Anyone knows? They are still in decent condition but look awful with the rust, can’t get them off either, very upset. 👿

回覆
      • 參與者
        bill2 on #23880

try to rub the club face with WD40 and see if the rust come off.

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #23881

Thanks for the suggestion but already tried wd 40 but not too effective, I think sand paper will be needed but may ruin the club face. Will give it a try. As to the shafts, the old clubs with graphites are ok, some steel shafts also have rust problems.

回覆
      • 參與者
        bill2 on #23882

I see, then nothing much can be done.
        My concerns are losing distance when tee off due to the aging of driver, the sound of impact getting dumb too.
        I used to drive about 210 yds, but now getting about 180 yds.

Friends suggested that it might be due to the aging of driver and so I asked the question.

For your info, I am talking about my 10 years old cleveland 360 driver. 🙂

回覆
      • 參與者
        hkgolfer228 on #23883

I’m not sure whether the answer is right or not:
        “The average life of a driver is approx 3000-5000 hits before it loses its resiliency.”
        Refer to:
        http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_life_a_golf_driver_how_many_hits” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

’10 years’ is not a short period. May be the problem is age instead of equipment? 😆 Just joking!

回覆
      • 使用者
        vincent on #23884

Bill2
        HKgolfer228 maybe right. Mine 300 yards to 300 feet 😆

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #23885

3000-5000 hits?

If you use your driver 15 hits per game, for a serious golfer (2 games a week plus DR), you can easily hit it 50 times a week, which is 2500 hit a year. Which means you should find a new toy after 2 years? John Daley’s driver will certainly not lasting 3000 hits including the abuse but I am sure an average golfer’s driver can last 3-5 years.

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #23886

Bill2, did it ever occur to you that the much shorter driving distance has nothing to do with the golf club but is the result of you getting older? 😆

回覆
      • 參與者
        hkgolfer228 on #23887

@cyril wrote:

3000-5000 hits?

If you use your driver 15 hits per game, for a serious golfer (2 games a week plus DR), you can easily hit it 50 times a week, which is 2500 hit a year. Which means you should find a new toy after 2 years? John Daley’s driver will certainly not lasting 3000 hits including the abuse but I am sure an average golfer’s driver can last 3-5 years.

Agree. Personally, I think it should be more than 10K hits.

But, I don’t think John Daly can hit his driver over 3,000 hits. I think he has sponsor AND … his driver may be dropped into water. 😆

回覆
      • 參與者
        bill2 on #23888

hey, guys.

I know aging of people is a major factor for getting less driving distance too. 😆

Indeed, it is funny experience for seeing you driver “done”, I think I must have hit it over 5000 hits for all those years.

Time to do golf shopping for myself this x’mas maybe. 🙂

It is good to see some decent old forum buddies still around for those years.

How is everyone doing? 😆

回覆
      • 參與者
        hkgolfer228 on #23889

Merry Christmas! :mrgreen:

回覆
      • 使用者
        sandy mcdivot on #23878

Not saying this is the norm… but how long a particular driver remains in the bag depends on how well the player played with it. Of course there are level headed golfer quickly realizing that if he/she not playing well, there are factors other than the driver is lossing its ‘playing life’. To me, a male, a particular driver will stay in my playing bag, as long as I have not discover a replacement which I believe it is more ‘interesting’ to play with, similar to dating, for me.

回覆
      • 參與者
        xxx on #23891

Merry Christmas! X 2 :mrgreen:

回覆
      • 參與者
        eugene cyc on #23897

I use my driver in driving range 3-4 times a week with 20-30 hits each time over 3 years. It is still working very well. I am increasing my distance from 180—>230M by improving my swing. It is Mactec 460 NV-NX head with UST shaft.

回覆
      • 參與者
        hkgolfer228 on #23892

@Eugene CYC wrote:

I use my driver in driving range 3-4 times a week with 20-30 hits each time over 3 years. It is still working very well. I am increasing my distance from 180—>230M by improving my swing. It is Mactec 460 NV-NX head with UST shaft.

May be it is the result of skill improvement > club degrading. :mrgreen:
        But, personally, I think that it should be more than 10K hits.

回覆
      • 參與者
        ckomanc on #23893

I believe one other factor that greatly affect the life span of a driver is how you take care of it. In my case I wash my clubs every 2-3 rounds, make sure there’s no dirt on it and I make sure I wipe it dry before putting it back in my bag.

I have a feeling that the rust DTC had on his/her driver is because it wasn’t taken care of properly, but it can also be humidity.

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #23894

Talking about Driver Life, we should separate Shaft from Head. For Shaft, depending on your hitting power, I would imagine 3y+ or 10K+ are typical range for an average hitter (<<250y). I am not sure about the head, which is supposed to be long lasting but no idea if it does deformed. My "experience" of a broken driver is either on shaft or on the joint, never come across deformed head other than damage during transportation.

回覆
      • 使用者
        vincent on #23895

有次同組球友枝Cleveland 三木打到杆面爆開(Tee起開波, 唔係打地), 果枝係舊Model, 冇8年都有7年, 應該係金屬疲勞掛, 加上佢係重炮手, 枝杆壽命又減D.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #23896

Many Majesty club head broken bc it’s too thin and it’s non-cfm

回覆
      • 參與者
        xxx on #23890

how long ??

long live the queen la … :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #23898

@DTC wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but already tried wd 40 but not too effective, I think sand paper will be needed but may ruin the club face. Will give it a try. As to the shafts, the old clubs with graphites are ok, some steel shafts also have rust problems.

I tried sandpaper, I say it is not worth the effort, too fine sandpaper takes hours to rub the rust off, too rough will ruin the club face. My conclusion is – if you leave your club long enough to collect so much dust & rust, forget about cleaning it, buy a new one with newer technology and help the economy. 🙁 😆

回覆
      • 使用者
        sandy mcdivot on #23899

Sand-paper? to my driver? Over my dead body! Unless I just saw a new one at Golftown and having a tough time to convince myself to buy it,

回覆
正在檢視 22 則發表的回覆
回覆至:到底一般的DRIVER壽命係有幾長?
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.