ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

Ball moved after address – new rule in 2012

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 使用者
        8nov2011 on #18174

Arguably the harshest rule in golf is the one stroke penalty a player incurs when his ball moves after he has addressed it, even though the cause for the move was through no fault of the golfer. I am glad to report that this is going to be excepted from 2012 in the R & A’s Rules of Golf 2012-2015.
        Ball Moving After Address (Rule 18-2b). A new exception is now added which exonerates the player from penalty if their ball moves after it has been addressed when it is known or virtually certain that they did not cause the ball to move. For example, if it is a gust of wind that moves the ball after it has been addressed, there is no penalty and the ball is played from its new position.

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #23737

This is a good move, long overdue, should have changed that a long time ago. Personally, I’d like to see if they will consider changing the spike mark rule which can be leveled and the divot rule, I think it should be treated as ground under repair, looks like they are not bothered to change at least until 2016!

回覆
      • 參與者
        cleveland madness on #23738

@8Nov2011 wrote:

Arguably the harshest rule in golf is the one stroke penalty a player incurs when his ball moves after he has addressed it, even though the cause for the move was through no fault of the golfer. I am glad to report that this is going to be excepted from 2012 in the R & A’s Rules of Golf 2012-2015.
        Ball Moving After Address (Rule 18-2b). A new exception is now added which exonerates the player from penalty if their ball moves after it has been addressed when it is known or virtually certain that they did not cause the ball to move. For example, if it is a gust of wind that moves the ball after it has been addressed, there is no penalty and the ball is played from its new position.

Finally!!!

回覆
      • 使用者
        bladelover on #23739

The new rule seems to be good enough but that “the ball is played from its new position” may end up to be another mystery. The ball may be rolling over back to the fringe/rough (worst to be in water hazard) when it is blown from the top of the slope. This is because you can’t stop the ball when it rolls. Let’s see if this could be happened in future during the game.

回覆
      • 使用者
        sandy mcdivot on #23740

Only under R & A? How about USGA?

What if the ball rolls into a hazard?

What if the ball moves due to the combination of slope of the green and the careless placement of ball by the player?

If it is on tours, it is what it is being written. But I guess if my flight is going to play in very windy conditions, we can agree, before the round, how do we handle a similar situation.

回覆
      • 使用者
        borbor on #23741

@Sandy McDivot wrote:

Only under R & A? How about USGA?

What if the ball rolls into a hazard?

What if the ball moves due to the combination of slope of the green and the careless placement of ball by the player?

If it is on tours, it is what it is being written. But I guess if my flight is going to play in very windy conditions, we can agree, before the round, how do we handle a similar situation.

If it’s kvc that you did not cause the ball to roll and it rolls into hazard, ball will be played from new position. IE, from the hazard.

If a ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved in the process of placing or replacing the ball, the ball or ball-marker must be replaced. There is no penalty, provided the movement of the ball or ball-marker is directly attributable to the specific act of placing or replacing the ball or removing the ball-marker. Otherwise, the player incurs a penalty of one stroke under Rule 18-2a or 20-1. — source: USGA.org

The 2012-2015 RoG is available for d/l in the USGA website.

回覆
正在檢視 5 則發表的回覆
回覆至:#23740 回覆於 Ball moved after address – new rule in 2012
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.

取消