ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

Beginner’s question on Iron set

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 參與者
        jim69 on #18538

Hi all,

I am new in golf. When I visiting the online shops for iron sets, they mention 3-PW, 4-PW or 5-PW. What does it mean?

thanks.

Jimmy

回覆
      • 參與者
        guy on #24856

3-PW = #3 iron to Pitching Wedge
        4-PW = #4 iron to Pitching Wedge
        And, so on….

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #24857

Why would you go to a online site to buy your first set of irons if you are a beginner? Ask a friend that golfs or some advice on this forum but do not get a set online just because its cheap(er). You should only shop online if you know what you are doing.

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #24858

Most Japanese golf set nowadays are from 5 to PW but Hong Kong is a bit of exception still selling 3 to SW which in my opinion is a bit of scam (changing slowly). North American sets still sell 3 to PW but no SW. Most average golfers today would find 5 to PW set plus a sand wedge more than sufficient for the purpose. Only when you are proficient enough that you might consider adding an approach or gap wedge.

回覆
      • 使用者
        sandy mcdivot on #24859

If you are right-handed, average-built and live close enough to me, I can lend you a complete set, free of charge [just to create more space to buy some more golf stuff]. In case you do not know yet, Sandy McD lives in Great White North.

回覆
      • 參與者
        jim69 on #24860

Thanks all.

No intention to buy new stuff yet, just browsing only. I got a 2nd hand set fm friend at cheap price for learning.

Cheers

回覆
      • 參與者
        jim69 on #24855

BTW, I found the prices are vary in those shops in TST. I bought my glove at $132 then I discovered it is only $110 in other shop. 😥

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #24861

If the shop gives you 20% discount then it is about right. Some shops volunteer for discount but some don’t even when you ask for it. That’s why you should always shop around for comparison. I always go to ABx to check and their price is normally very competitive. It may not be the cheapest (last year I bought a golf bag at the shop next door) nor the stock can meet your requirement if you look for special category (e.g. I had to buy my 48 degree wedge in TST because not many store stock such specification).

回覆
正在檢視 7 則發表的回覆
回覆至:Beginner’s question on Iron set
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.