ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

Buying custom fitted clubs in Hong Kong

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 參與者
        ckomanc on #18411

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a set of custom fitted mizuno MP-53 in HK, I have done all the fittings and I know all the lie angles and shafts I need, just wondering if anyone has any experience buying custom fitted clubs? Where’s the best place to go and how long do I have to wait?

Cheers.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #24425

Go to authorized dealer ask them order to you, some brands have this service.

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #24426

I think there is the official Mizuno shop in the Causeway Bay area where, I assume, you can order a custom set of clubs. Failing that, there are some online shops you can get custom Mizuno.

回覆
      • 參與者
        ckomanc on #24430

is it true that custom fitted clubs cost more than standard clubs? as custom fitted clubs cost the same as standard clubs in australia

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #24439

Not an authority on this subject but I did some limited research. First of all I don’t think custom made club from Mizuno will cost you more, except you may not get any discount. I was thinking of a custom made set of Callaway but no shop can offer such service, my coach advised me to buy a standard set and ask a qualified workshop to change the lie angle, which should cost around HKD80 per piece. Considering the cost of your iron, I don’t think this is a hurdle. The real challenge is to find a shop that can either arrange custom made clubs for you (for my case is Callaway, you can go directly to Mizuno direct shop), and what option of shaft or range (e.g. 9-5i) are available. If you cannot custom made on lie angle then find a pro shop to help you. Any deviation from standard set would mean less or no discount, but if you never use the standard S, P, 3i anyway then you can find the saving plus more environmental friendly.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #24431

Same price at Taylormadegolf

回覆
      • 參與者
        ckomanc on #24440

thanks guys,

I called up one of the mizuno dealers in hong kong and they told me not only will it cost more but i will have to wait 2-3 months as they said they will have them customised in japan then ship over.

I am thinking of getting a standard set and find some other pro shop to change the lie angle for me. Wonder if KSC’s golf shop provides that kind of service.

On a side note, it’s funny that not many golf shops stock MP-53s anymore even tho they are the current model.

回覆
      • 使用者
        golfric on #24432

I asked the Mizuno dealers about iron set customization. The cost, time and shaft choices are not ideal from this channel.

So, I buy my set of MP-52 off the rack and custom fitted with True Temper Tour Concept shaft in Wanchai. The shop has other branded shaft to choose.

If you are interested, please PM me for the contact info.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #24433

Golfric, that’s OEM without warranty, if you order from dealer then will hv
        warranty.

回覆
      • 使用者
        golfric on #24434

Golfer101, it’s true that no more warranty, this is the disadvantage. Thanks for sharing!

On the other hand, you can have wider choices on shaft and grip. If the club head is really fall off from the shaft (very very rare case for either OEM or good clubmakers), I just bring it to the clubmaker and it can be fixed within 15mins. If I hit on hard surface accidentally like rock or cart pathway and damage the clubhead or shaft, local agent may treat it as abused use and warranty seems not possible though.

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #24435

What kind of warranty do you need for a set like the MP 53? We bend clubs (forged irons) all the time and never really give warranty a second thought.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #24436

If not standard lie angle, u must order & wait for shipping. Shaft & grip r easy.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #24437

Also some brands u can choose head weight too.

回覆
      • 參與者
        sam on #24438

I have always wanted to see if there are shops that can custom fit branded clubs like Mizuno or Titleist in Hong Kong. Will give it a try for sure as I think right fittings for me is very important.

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #24427

Which brand of irons that you can order different head weights if we are not talking about components such as Geotech or KZG? Miura carries 2 weight with each model, one for steel shaft and one for graphite. Nobody bother to custom order a set just for minor adjustment of lie angle unless you are talking about 4 degree+ from standard. One or 2 degrees either way could easily be done on one piece forged at a golf workshop.

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #24428

I take that back 101, I forgot about Ping and TM irons which you can order lie angle and other deviation (not sure about weights) thru their fitting centre.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfer101 on #24429

Epxx irons hv dif. wt. too also other Japan clubs.

回覆
正在檢視 16 則發表的回覆
回覆至:Buying custom fitted clubs in Hong Kong
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.