ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

Help Needed – Fake Club Appraisal

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 使用者
        sancheez on #18881

I’ll try to keep a long story short, I need some help from the golf community.

I’ve been looking to re-shaft my clubs – something I used to to quite a lot when lived in the UK and US but found it difficult to get the various bits and pieces here in Hong Kong without paying considerably over the odds.

I bought some Project X shafts off what looked like to be a reputable online store and they arrived last week. They seem very fake to me – no serial number, the colouring and lettering on the stickers are wrong, the shafts are all the same lenght (Project X should be a different raw length depending on which club they go into).

Basically, in order to get a refund from PayPal I need a qualified individual (golf pro, golf retailer) to confirm that they are indeed fake.

So I was wondering if there was anyone out there in the HK Golf community that could help me out to get my refund sorted.

Thanks

Ben

回覆
      • 使用者
        aujames on #25736

This shall be fake. Never buy golf product online because many fake items. Go to Golf Corner and ask Philip, but I am sure whether he will help u.

回覆
      • 使用者
        sancheez on #25737

I’ve bought several golf clubs and equipment online before and haven’t had any problems.
        Maybe just this time it was bad luck.
        I will go and see Philip – I hope he can help.
        Is there anywhere else I can try?

回覆
      • 使用者
        sandy mcdivot on #25738

“Buyers Beware” – buying online is somewhat risky. To confirm whether the shafts are fakes or not, why don’t you contact the manufacturer??? Furthermore, if these are indeed fakes, informing the manufacturer might [a big might] take actions and somewhat, somehow, take some pro-active actions like closing down this particular on-line shop. Or, once it is proven they are selling fakes, expose the online shop openly!

回覆
      • 使用者
        sunshinehappygolf on #25739

Do you know any instructor who can give u a hand?

Beside Gxlf Cxrner, u may also try Gxlfwork Studix at wanchai. GC is a retail shop, I like it very much and enjoy shopping there, but I also experienced a not so good feeling when I asked a question on phone a while ago.

GS is a pure fitting shop, only one man there, very nice guy, u may call or go there, ask him if he can help and tell him u can pay service charge if necessary, try to be nice, maybe he’ll do it for u for free, or maybe he’ll ask u for evidence, it’s still hv a chance that he won’t do it, but different then a retail shop, usually no customer around, so u might consider to try there.

Did u find any hint the parcel have been opened and repackaged?

Which online shop is it?

回覆
      • 參與者
        jameshk on #25740

Sorry to say you have answered your own question, labels are not right and shafts are all the same length (you order shafts based upon the club to be shafted to ensure proper flex). However, having said this take one and put it in a five iron and practice with it. Even though the shafts may be fake they are likely quite workable assuming they are the proper flex.

回覆
      • 使用者
        sancheez on #25735

Thanks all for the great feedback. I went to see Ronald at Golf Work Studio in Wan Chai.He is a very knowledgable man and also very helpful. He instantly picked up on a lot of things that I did not even see or expect. The shafts were too heavy for the spec that they were, the finish was poor compared to the real deal and even the tip was too big (larger than 0.370 inches) so would unlikely fit in an iron head without re-boring the hosel.
        I couldn’t recommend Ronald highly enough and suggest if you have any work needing to be done to your clubs to at least talk to him and his experience and knowledge is extensive. I will be going to him a lot in the future.

回覆
正在檢視 6 則發表的回覆
回覆至:Help Needed – Fake Club Appraisal
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.