ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

Is A swing the best way to play?

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 參與者
        sam on #23339

Saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_BzCIJ1Sw” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; by David Leadbetter 😀 , it seems he has reinvented the golf swing by making it more simple to learn 😆 😆 , can’t wait to give it a try to see if I can play more solid since I have been struck as a 22 – 23 handicapper for a while. 👿

回覆
      • 參與者
        sam on #37509

I must add it is not the most beautiful swing (in fact, it looks like the swing of Jim Furyk ! 😳 ) but it works, I don’t care about the look. 😆

回覆
      • 參與者
        nedwan on #37508

After watching, i look forward to have a try at driving range.

回覆
      • 參與者
        nedwan on #37510

I have tried this swing, it helps me a lot especially for those with strong grip like myself. Thanks Sam Ching for this introduction.

回覆
      • 參與者
        sam on #37506

Good to know some of us are experimenting the new swing concept 😀 I have tried it on range 2 times already, with mixed results, after trying an hour or 2 with the A swing, I have sliced much less than before 😆 specially with the driver where I usually had big curve to the right, now it is much straighter (as a result a bit longer than before), but it is still not very consistent yet and need more practice. 🙁

The problem I face now is to decide whether I should adopt this A swing completely (and looking a bit odd) or go back to my old swing which looks more traditional but always slicing, 👿 😳 Decision, decision….

回覆
      • 使用者
        james li on #37511

A swing is good but can hardly find a coach that teach A swing when you want improvements. I think I will stick to the traditional swing.

回覆
      • 參與者
        sam on #37512

I tried to use the A swing on course after few weeks of practice on the driving range, the result is not too bad 😀 Bit better and more consistent than my old conventional swing, the problem is I am not sure how to improve this swing without much reference. Hope Leadbetter can give more details and lessons and post them on youtube. 😀

回覆
      • 使用者
        super_rolex on #37507

I think A swing is a little complicate as there are two different swing path, up/down. We should keep the swing as simple as possible.

Indeed no swing is good for all, we all should find the most suitable swing for ourselves. There is no best swing.

I played in China very often and sometimes I saw some golfer their swing is horrible but they get a good impact and good distance every time. Even Bubba Watson someone will say his swing is no good but he get the champion in golf tournament.

回覆
      • 參與者
        crm579 on #37513

Performance/Consistency of your golf swing relies on your ability to repeat the motion
        to hit the ball straight you need to have the correct path / club face through impact
        most club/recreation golfers have an outside in swing path + open club face through impact resulting in a slice/fade shot

Work on a in/square/in path (arc) with square club face to the path (square at impact) and you will hit consistent straighter golf shots

回覆
      • 參與者
        yy211 on #97789

In short … NO 😁

回覆
正在檢視 9 則發表的回覆
回覆至:Is A swing the best way to play?
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.