ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

King Club…..What is wrong with the designer?

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 使用者
        snorlax on #18286

I played at King Club (a new course opened at 9 Dragon Lake) yesterday. This course is not just tough. It’s simply ridiculous. I think they have overdone it this time. Someone may argue that this is a trend…. golfers like tough courses. People would like to challenge themselves. Are we? I might want to go there once but will not go again.

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #24070

Never been there but curious. How would you compare it with Mission’s Greg Norman, or 999 Jiulong, WindValley or Pheonix Hill A&B?

I myself have banned 999 for its ridiculous design, accept Norman’s challenge and OK with WindValley and Pheonix.

回覆
      • 使用者
        tsui on #24071

snorlax, this is getting a trend in china now. people are making the course tougher and tougher which they claim it to be challenging or special.

i played a course in pudong airport last week which gets 36holes, 18holes parkland, 18holes links. the parland one is fine but the links is too unreasonable. let me quote you a few points
        1) in the middle of the fairway, they have set up some bunkers which are surround by long grass with 7-8 inches deep. you almost can’t find the ball, let alone hitting it out of the long grass. i lost 3 balls in the first holes in long grass, Dxxn!
        2) suppose you have short grass in the middle of the fairway, then transit with medium grass to long grass. they don’t transit, only short and super long grass. if your ball rolls on fairway, keep your fingers crossed that it doesn’t roll to the long grass or very likely you will lose it
        3) sand in bunkers are super soft, unless you are rolling into bunkers or you are suffered with buried eggs.

there are thousands of other examples. when i mentioned that to their membership manager. her reply was, it is designed to be challenging, it is designed to be special.

Dxxn! do they know what is fair? and how a course should be set up for amateur who are 99% of their customers!

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #24072

Never heard this King Club before, any idea who designed it? I have played few new courses, wind valley is very pretty but tough, Fung Wing Shan has the worse in design, I think the designed used a ruler to draw the design, no shapes at all, horrible. Firestone is not too bad but few holes are quite strange also.

回覆
      • 使用者
        100 on #24073

Snorlax, what if that King Club compares with KSC E several holes of which are already considered a joke. Happy golfing.

回覆
      • 使用者
        level4s on #24074

King Club makes KSC East Course seem flat!

回覆
      • 使用者
        snorlax on #24076

It seems not too many people have gone there yet. I would say this one is worse than MH Norman and Triple 9 base on what I score….let me post a few examples….how about

1. 384 yards uphill and you hit a good drive and you would end up at 160 yards….but the problem was that you still wouldn’t be able to see the green at 160 yards. Well, what about you would want to hit your second shot to 100 yards and play your third shot there. Sorry, you still couldn’t see the landing area of 100 yards.

2. A good tee shot at a par 4 and you ended up with only110 yards left to the green. Sound pretty fair but I still lost two balls there. Why? Because I was still unable to see the green at 110 yards!!?? The green was down at a cliff some 40 yards in front of you.

3. How about 110 yards par 3. I still couldn’t see the green. Why? Because I was teeing off at 20 storey high and dare not to tee it off close to the cliff. I worry that I might fell off.

4. How about 350 yards par 4. You weren’t able to see the green but you could simply aim the stone at the right hand side and carried it and the ball would land at 20 yards away from green. Sound like a perfect shot?! No! Because every ball would land at the same area and within this 10 yards radius there were 30 divots there.

5.What about 207 yards par 3 downhill? What is wrong with it? Well, if you do not have laser beam accuracy to land your ball on the green because the the pin was place at front tip of the green with a cross section of less than 20 feet, you can chose to hit your tee shot over to the middle or back of the green (let assume you can easily carry 200 yards and still be able to stop your ball even teeing off with your long iron or wood). Even if you chose to play this “safe” shot, you would still end up with a long downhill putt which pretty much guarantee that the ball would roll off the green.

Don’t ask me what my score was. If you enjoy suffering, just go there. But go easy with the caddies. According to my caddy, she was being yelled at every day because evey golfer played there were incredibly upset after 3 holes.

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #24069

Hi Snorlax, Did you take any photos of the holes & upload them? I personally think Greg Norman & 999 are tough courses but they are not unfair so I actually don’t mind playing this King Club, at least once, to see how bad it really is.

回覆
      • 參與者
        sam on #24075

It sounds like an ‘interesting’ course to me too, I like reasonable chanellging course except Fung Wang Shan which I think is crazy & not reasonable, can’t wait to see how bad this one is myself, of course, will bring more balls than usual.

回覆
      • 使用者
        tsui on #24078

found a blog in which you can see some pictures and comments yourself. enjoy

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5d08c2e30102dtjs.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

回覆
      • 使用者
        tsui on #24079

sorry, this one

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5d08c2e30102dtme.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

回覆
      • 使用者
        snorlax on #24080

Tsui, DTC, Sam~~the picture in the blog was not King Club. It should just be the original 9 dragon lake. No one hole there looks so calm and straight at King Club. I wanted to take some pictures that day but the caddy said I was not “allowed”. The reason being that they worry people might fell off the cliff when taking picture.

By the way, I have forgotten to state it earlier. Every golfer has to ride a single buggy with the caddy at King Club. Golfers are not suppose to drive the buggy and need to let the caddies to drive them. I guess it is for safety reason because the car path there is just too steep to let 4 people ride in the same buggy.

The course is windy and should be at least few degrees cooler than city temperature. So, don’t go there on windy day or under cold temperature. Rainy day will also be extremely danger too. Sam is right…..bring at least 20 balls there if you are a 10 to 18 handicapper if you choose to follow all the golf rules. If you don’t mind, perhaps we can post our scores here!!

回覆
      • 管理員
        Bruce on #24081

I have never seen so many warnings about a course design before, it must be one hell of a golf course & experience for Snorlax! I was interested to play before but now I am not too sure. 😕

回覆
      • 使用者
        vincent on #24077

懸崖? 要揹住降落傘先敢打 😮 😀

回覆
      • 使用者
        tsui on #24082

snorlax, guess you only checked the first link. the second link is the new course, the king course. pls recheck

回覆
      • 使用者
        snorlax on #24083

Tsui… yep, that is it. The fourth picture in the link is the hole that I mentioned which you could aim the stone at the right hand side and carried it would lead your ball to 20 yards. Frankly speaking, by looking at the picture is not as scary as you were there.

The 210 yards par 3 was the 207 yards that I mentioned earlier. The pin was placed at the front tip on the day I played. Right adjacent to the green is water hazard.

The first picture was the first hole I played that day (I played shot gun). My drive ended up inside the bunker.

回覆
正在檢視 15 則發表的回覆
回覆至:King Club…..What is wrong with the designer?
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.