ENGLISH | 訂場熱線: 2137 2007 / 2137 2000 / 4007 007 148

No more Fanling golf club?

Posted In: Golf Forum

• 參與者
        sam on #20224

Just heard from news that the govt is considering to take back the land for more public housing!? 👿 😳

No City golf, no island golf and Asia golf range will soon close, what the hell! What can we do?

回覆
      • 參與者
        sai on #29872

佔領大球場 hahaha

回覆
      • 參與者
        germangeek on #29873

people is getting desperate and ridiculous…whose fault?
        the population is still increasing with loads of social problems… sigh… hopeless..

回覆
      • 參與者
        hklam on #29874

原居民大把山墳係到,如郁佢地就好睇啦!

回覆
      • 使用者
        dpwlau on #29864

Paul Chan confirmed publicly today the govt will take back Fanling but it will be at least several years

回覆
      • 參與者
        sai on #29868

i think what he said is the government has the option to, but not WILL take it back

回覆
      • 使用者
        hui on #29875

Really hope not to simply change the name of Kau Sai Chau to Hong Kong Golf Club…….we will have no more place to go for local public golfing.

回覆
      • 參與者
        golfing_jerry on #29869

HKGC should build a much bigger golf club in Lantau Island….. 😆

回覆
      • 參與者
        germangeek on #29870

It would be nice if Uncle 4 can donate the lands for building golf courses. I will vote him for CE of HKSAR.

回覆
      • 參與者
        sam on #29871

I thought Uncle 4 and Superman Lee are already the CE of Hong Kong! 😀
        The way is going, I honestly believe they will close Fanling GC, and just change the name of KSC to Hong Kong Golf Club. 😳 👿
        Surely, if Singapore, a much smaller island than Hong Kong, can accommodate 20+ golf courses, there must be more land in the New Territory, right? Or Both Lees have all the land there already? 🙄

回覆
      • 參與者
        sai on #29866

lots of land, but they are all labelled ‘country park’ and building and running a golf club is so low in return no one would want to invest unless the land is free….so……

don’t even have a driving range soon….hk is going backwards…….yeah, back to 1970s ….

回覆
      • 參與者
        hklam on #29862

We have to go back to China!

回覆
      • 使用者
        dpwlau on #29865

The govt WILL take back the golf course at fanling. That’s clear. But timing is unknown. It could be 2020 or even later. But it certainly is in the plan. So guys, don’t spend hk$15mm to buy a membership now! 😆

回覆
      • 參與者
        germangeek on #29863

Running a golf club can be quite profitable, so you can see $15mm for a playing opportunity at fanling!!!
        The sad fact is that hk is now not only occupied by developors, but also loads of selfish people..

回覆
      • 參與者
        sai on #29876

“loads of selfish people”

….loads of selfish, communist minded people. what they want is right, what is not their benefits = wrong….

the rules are rules when they like when its not to their benefits, the rules are CHINESE, no freedom!

first ask what have you done for Hong Kong, then ask why Hong Kong owe you so much!

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #29877

If the government is to take back the golf club, I would suggest that it should also take back part of jockey club, all sport and recreation clubs such ad south china, crc, ccc, Indian club and basically all clubs that lease land from government. Can you imaging all the city land those clubs occupy? Why single out fanling? I don’t race so take back jockey club at happy valley and build housing. I don’t play soccer so take back south china stadium. The list can go on and on.

回覆
      • 參與者
        birdieboy on #29878

sorry but i am not for the govt. i do not want to see HKGC taken back. I am not a member there but i feel it has a lot of history there and have added value to hong kong as a whole.

But it is obvious it is an easy target. It’s big. It’s in NT, an area the govt already want to develop.

Indian club, ccc, crc, etc, they don’t offer the land supply like HKGC. like CWB, what’s the point of taking it back? to build resort homes on a pennisula? and CWB does not have a good public transportation near there….

Also, to take back happy valley and jockey club? Do you know how much money jockey club makes? How many jobs provided there? How much of its earnings go back to the community? Even KSC is built from jockey club money. So even if i do not gamble on horse race, last thing you want to take back is the happy valley land.
        It’s the WHOLE industry you are getting rid of. As for HKGC, how much of the use of the land and income they make, is returned to the community???

How many super athletes they produced there?? NONE!….

also, who will build another golf course elsewhere? SUPER LEES?? everyone knows golf courses are not profitable with high maintenance. and not to mention the environmental issue? why destroy something nice and prestige that is already here.

But like some of you have mentioned, singapore has over 20+ courses and govt is looking into taking back some of their golf courses. Our govt doesn’t need to copy what others are doing becasue we only have a few courses only. And hkg is way bigger than singapore. sg population is growing too at a faster rate.

i do not think govt will take it back maybe just old course.

Superman LEE doesn’t care cuz he playes DWB every morning.

LOL

回覆
      • 使用者
        deuce on #29879

If the government can take back City Golf and Asia Golf to build housing, what reason is there for not consider all other recreational land in the city by all these clubs which has very limited or no access from the general public. The size of land area is definitely comparable to those of driving ranges. By the same token, one really only need the Shatin race course and give up the Happy Valley one together with HKJC’s country club in NT which serve very few people.

One just gets very frustrated nowadays with the state of affair in Hong Kong where everything is ruled by who shout the loudest, unreasonable protests and general public opinion basically influenced by media. Hong Kong is very quickly becoming unmanageable.

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #29867

Talking about Jockey Club, why they still need Happy Valley when there is adequate facility in Shatin? Do you think HKJC revenue (hence our charity pot) will drop if HV is closed?

回覆
      • 參與者
        germangeek on #29880

政府可以收返維園起樓!

回覆
      • 使用者
        dpwlau on #29881

粉嶺高球場的最大問題,是它亦不完全開放予公眾。如果它好像ksc或維園一樣是完全開放予公眾的話,社會上不會有這麼多聲音

回覆
      • 參與者
        jumbo744 on #29882

HK Gov’t should take back HK Stadium first. The using rate is so low and the location is suitable for residential purpose rather than a stadium.

回覆
      • 使用者
        jlam on #29883

This is simply politics. Stupid !!!

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #29885

HK Stadium – anyone can visit it, by paying entrance ticket. Even a Rugby 7 ticket is possible if you Q for it. Is Fanling open to everyone?

回覆
      • 參與者
        jumbo744 on #29886

@cyril wrote:

HK Stadium – anyone can visit it, by paying entrance ticket. Even a Rugby 7 ticket is possible if you Q for it. Is Fanling open to everyone?

Cyril, I don’t mind to take back HK golf club too. But the HK stadium is purely a “big white elephant”.

回覆
      • 使用者
        dtc on #29887

Fanling is open to visitors on most weekdays, under certain rules, anyone that comes up with $2000 can book & play, if you want to pay less, the HKGA has tournament like summer classic, senior and handicap tournaments, the fee to these events only cost few hundred bucks, pretty good deal.

I believe Fanling is not using all 3 courses to the limit, in my opinion, they only need 2…..give 1 back & change it to a public course. 😀

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #29884

Talking about HK Stadium as white elephant, what about the NEW stadium to be built at old kai tak airport, and the countless no. of squash court all over HK

回覆
      • 參與者
        jumbo744 on #29888

The new stadium at Kai Tak will hold many concerts, so the using rate will be much higher. It won’t be “white elephant” anymore.

回覆
      • 使用者
        cyril on #29889

@jumbo744 wrote:

The new stadium at Kai Tak will hold many concerts, so the using rate will be much higher. It won’t be “white elephant” anymore.

But so are the concert hall(s) on kowloon west. How many concerts will we have at the same time? We better get our own version of AKB48 who can hold multiple concerts at the same time all over HK.

回覆
      • 使用者
        casualgolfer on #29890

Hong Kong Open is not in the European Tour this year (2013), but I heard that it would be played after the DP World Tour Championship i.e., the first match in the 2014 season. Anybody knows what is going on?

If Fanling Golf Club is going to be turn into housing estates, is there better venue for Hong Kong Open? I would say it is a shame not having the Hong Kong Open held in Fanling and not having it as one of the European Tour event – it has been in Euorpean Tour since 2001.

Look at Shanghai, there are 2 European Tour events each year!

回覆
      • 使用者
        17putts on #29891

It’s all about $.
        If you can ditch out 5M Euro, I’m sure you can have your European Tour Stop back in no time.

回覆
正在檢視 30 則發表的回覆
回覆至:No more Fanling golf club?
您的資訊:

Dear users, the 'Set as private reply' is currently unavailable, please use the PM funtion instead.